The National Literacy Directory wants to recognize and reward innovative literacy and education programs that are finding solutions to persistent challenges. We are issuing a call for applications for our $1,000 Innovation Grant to support your efforts. This grant is available to programs listed on the National Literacy Directory.
- Grant Amount: $1,000
- Deadline to submit: September 7, 2018, 5:00PM EDT
- Programs with up-to-date accounts and listings (NLD members will need to make three updates to their current listings by the September 7, 2018, 5:00PM EDT deadline).
- Organizations* that add their listings to the National Literacy Directory by the September 7, 2018, 5:00PM EDT deadline (this only applies to new listings not already on the NLD).
Please complete this brief application by September 7, 2018, 5:00 PM EDT to win funding and recognition for your program. Winners will be notified and announced the week of September 17, 2018.
These Directory members were recently selected to receive Innovation Grant Awards for their successful and
innovative approaches to increasing programmatic reach. Literacy and education programs listed in the Directory are
eligible to apply for an Innovation Grant. To join the Directory,
submit your member listing here.
- Laurel County Adult Education and Literacy
- Greater Waukesha Literacy
- El Centro de Servicios Sociales, Inc.
- Literacy Council of Grand Island, Inc.
- Hope House of Colorado
- Prison University Project
- Latin American Coalition (Charlotte, NC)
- Improving Education (Baltimore, MD)
- Completely KIDS
- Literacy Green Bay
- Reading Connections (NC)
- ESL In-Home Program of Northern Nevada
- Literacy Services of Wisconsin, Inc.
- Urban Peak in Denver (CO)
- Adult Education Program of the School District of Newberry County (SC)
- Kalamazoo Literacy Council (MI)
- Literacy Works (Chicago)
- Seeds of Literacy (Cleveland, OH)
- Lehman College Adult Learning Center
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Hartford (CN)
- Nashville International Center for Empowerment (TN)
- Santa Barbara Public Library System (CA)
- Community Action Project of Tulsa County (OK)
- Livingston Parish Library's Adult Literacy Program (LA)
- BEACON for Adult Literacy (Bristow, VA)