The mission of the National Literacy Directory is to help individuals find local literacy and education programs and testing centers in their areas. Each year, more than 50,000 potential students and volunteers are connected with the 7,000+ educational agencies currently listed in the National Literacy Directory.
The National Literacy Directory is a joint effort of the Dollar General Literacy Foundation, the National Center for Families Learning, and ProLiteracy. Dollar General has a long history of supporting literacy and basic education initiatives for adults, families, and youth. For the latest Directory updates, additional grant opportunities, and access to free learning resources, subscribe to NCFL's monthly e-newsletter.
These Directory members were recently selected to receive Innovation Grant Awards for their successful and innovative approaches to increasing programmatic reach. Literacy and education programs listed in the Directory are eligible to apply for an Innovation Grant. To join the Directory, submit your member listing here.
- Urban Peak in Denver (CO) *COABE EDITION GRANTEE
- Adult Education Program of the School District of Newberry County (S.C.) *COABE EDITION GRANTEE
- Kalamazoo Literacy Council (MI)
- Literacy Works (Chicago)
- Nashville International Center for Empowerment (NICE)(TN)
- Santa Barbara Public Library System (SBPLS)(CA)
- Community Action Project of Tulsa County (OK)